Friday, November 18, 2011

11/18/2011 - Game Night

Before work, I read The Likeability Factor by Tim Sanders. On page 76, Tim talks about some research done by Edelman Worldwide which was done in 2002. Did you know that 80% of people don't believe something the first time they hear, see, or read it? So if you've got a message or information you are trying to pass on to someone, you'll need to fight through that barrier. One of the main ways is through relationship. That's why going up to a stranger with information you want them to know or a product you want them to buy, you'll be unsuccessful the majority of the time. Some people will take this information and just say, "Well, then I'll ask 100 strangers and get 20 people to listen". That might work, but I don't like that method. Build relationships, THEN share what you have to say. Obviously if you are good friends with someone and you are not a total liar, they'll be more likely to listen and believe you when you tell them "this is the best shaving cream ever or this is the best computer company to buy from". Oops.


I got home and took Levi on a McDonald's date; just me and him. It was really good to get that time with him because when I'm working I don't see much of little Levi.


When we got back, Jenny, my mom, and I did some puzzle work while watching a show then the game night with Aaron began... A few hours of non-stop nerdness on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!