Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don’t cross ‘em

Doesn’t he look so proud? So arrogant?

Since I have pretty long legs, I need to to cross my legs every once in a while to stretch them out, especially while I’m teaching, because I sit in a chair in the kindergarten classes for a half hour. This isn’t uncommon, I know, but apparently when you do it while teaching, it’s impolite and makes you seem really prideful. At least that’s what my teacher’s assistant told me… After almost a full year of teaching, this is the first time I’ve heard it. She told me, “I didn’t want to tell you because I was worried you’d get angry.” I laughed and said I’d rather know how to not offend everyone in the room! Who knows, though? Maybe it’s just her opinion and most others don’t feel it’s rude; you get a lot of conflicting stories when it comes to things like this. I just found it funny that she waited so long to tell me something this important!

So if you’re teaching in China, take note!

Until next time,
Jeremy, Jenny, Levi, & Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!