Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camping, Pregnancy, Anniversary and a Trip to NY...

Hey everyone!!! I know it's about time that I (Jenny) sat down and wrote a blog...for one thing Jeremy always writes them and another it's been too long in between posts! So sorry for that to all you faithful readers. We, Petersons seem to be keeping very busy with life as of late, so I am going to take some time to fill you in...brace yourselves it might be a little long ;0).
CAMPING
Jeremy went for a week long camping/fishing/canoing trip up in Northern Minnesota in the Boundary waters with 7 of his buddies. They do this trip every year and Jeremy had gone once before and had so many great memories and thought it would be a great time to reconnect with his friends and make some more memories. Needless to say he did and from what I hear he kept everyone laughing and entertained despite some cold nights. He even caught a large fish...he mentioned it to me but it wasn't until a saw a photo of it that I realized it was HUGE! So congrats baby! I (Jenny) stayed back home in MN with Levi and we stayed busy...extremely busy actually. Jeremy's parents house had a showing while he was gone and we were busy cleaning away and then keeping my busy (Almost) 2 year old from making any messes! It was a good week all in all for both of us but we were both delighted to see each other once again.
PREGNANCY
I am so excited to think that as I am writing this blog I am almost in my 25th week of pregnancy! What an amazing feeling and blessing it is to be carrying this precious gift of life in my tummy. I have been feeling really well besides the back aches and sleepiness...but who doesn't have that when they are pregnant...right? I am so thankful that so far I have had no complications with this pregnancy and everything is going perfectly. My doctor and I have high hopes for a full term birth! Thanks to everyone who has been praying for this little bundle....they are working and I can feel all the love. And lastly to those of you who have not heard yet we are having another boy! We found out around 18 weeks and had it confirmed again at 22 weeks. We are going to name him Liam Cole Peterson. People ask if we were going for an "L" theme with our kids names but it just seemed to work out that we both love names with L's! I will keep you posted with updates on my pregnancy as I and the baby progress, please keep us in your prayers as we desire to have this baby at at least 37 weeks!
ANNIVERSARY
I just wanted to take a moment and let you all know that on June 2 Jeremy and I have officially been married for 3 years! I know that is nothing in comparison to my parents who recently celebrated thier 27th but I am so blessed by these past 3 years. I never would have thought that being married would teach me so much, bless me so much and grow me so much. It's like the verse in the Bible "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." What an amazing life partner God has given to me. I always think of Jeremy as a present, when you meet him you think "Wow, he's so funny and fun to be around." But as time goes on and you get to know more of him you see how many amazing qualities he has. He is a man of integrity, he is kind, compassionate, a good listener, cheerful, honest, very loving, loyal, consistent, caring, respectful, smart, a great dad and wise. He has such a big heart for people and his family. I love being able to watch him grow as a father and I can't wait to see him as a father of 2 boys. Jeremy thank you for all the wonderful times and for everything that you have brought into my life, taught me, shared with me and for our sons. I love you very much and can't wait for many more years to come.
NEW YORK
Due to my increased risk of pre term labor I am not supposed to do much traveling during this pregnancy. But I really wanted to fly home with Levi and see my parents,family and friends. I felt so blessed to be able to get the oppurtunity to do so. Our trip was wonderful! Levi was a wonderful traveler on the way there and back (Despite feeling a bit tired and sick on one flight) which was a huge help to me. I had the best time with my parents, they are truly remarkable individuals and I feel so lucky to have them in my life. We kept very busy with seeing my cousins, aunt and uncle. Then heading to a wedding in Ohio for the weekend and seeing my dad's side of the family, which was a real treat! I was so thankful to be able to see so much of my family while I was there. Levi of course had an absolute blast with his mema and papa and I think they had fun with him too! It was a whirlwind trip but I loved every minute of it.

Well, there you have it a recap of a busy month for the three of us Petersons (Soon to be four). Thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope that you are all doing well!

Lots of love,
Jenny, Jeremy, Levi and baby Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!