Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beijing

I’m back! For those of you who didn’t know, my wife & my brother’s wife gave my brother and I our birthday gifts. The gift was a four day trip together to Beijing. It was only Matt and me. We had a really good time!

Our first day was spent catching up with a friend we know, at a familiar and wonderful restaurant known as T.G.I.F.’s. Free refills and the amazing Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger reminded us of America. We returned to our hotel for some rest and relaxation.

The next day, we went to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. Tiananmen Square was closed down due to a very important government meeting that was going on in an adjacent building which is called the Great Hall of the People. We walked to the Forbidden City, and smiled as the freezing wind slapped us in the face repeatedly. We were amazed at how large the Forbidden City was. For some reason I thought the Forbidden CITY would be smaller. :) We ended the day, of course, with T.G.I.F.’s.

The next day we went to the Great Wall. For those who haven’t gone before, (at least to this part) we took chair lifts up to the wall, and we rode a toboggan (think bobsled training in Cool Runnings) down. What a ride. We returned at night and had another wonderful meal at T.G.I.F.’s. (We never changed our order this whole time, by the way.) Then we went to the Bird’s Nest where they held the Olympics this past year as well as the water cube, where all the swimming events went down.

We had such a great time, and we are very grateful our wives gave us this wonderful gift! They had a great time back home by the way. Jenny and Levi temporarily moved in with Heather and her two daughters, so they got to bond a lot as well, and weren’t completely alone.

My brother took some pictures, and I need to get them from him. When I do, I’ll post them on our site, so you can all see them in their entirety.

Until next time,

Jeremy