Sunday, January 15, 2012

Worship

Woke up this morning and did our normal routine.


We went to church then after that we came home for lunch and naps all around. (Except for Jenny - she's been studying like crazy!) Her writing class is taking up a lot of her time.


Oh, one note on my schooling situation as well: I spoke with two Chinese teachers who both recommended I start out at the highest level Chinese class they offer at the University of Minnesota. That's a bit daunting, but I'm VERY excited about it. I'm just double checking at the moment to see if that specific Chinese degree will satisfy whatever language requirements school districts require if I were to apply as a Chinese teacher in the future. If the degree will hold up and get me a teaching job, I'll be enrolled this fall! I'm starting with my major i.e. Chinese, then when I finish that, I'll plow through my general ed classes online. I think I'll have around a year (?) of Chinese. I'm told I'll get credit for the other couple years I'm skipping, which is nice.


I worked out today. ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 3. Brutal! They are good shoulder and leg workouts though!


These days I'm reading a few books. I'm reading through PUSH by Chalene Johnson, Simply Christian by N.T. Wright, and re-reading Love Wins by Rob Bell.


Today I was reading Simply Christian and wanted to share something N.T. (can I call you N.T? Thanks) said in his chapter on Worship.
One of the main reasons theology (trying to think straight about who God is) matters is that we are called to love God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. It matters that we learn more about who God is so that we can praise him more appropriately.
 I believe so many people don't worship God because they are told by others that God is their enemy (unless they believe 100% what that person believes). Would you worship your enemy? Doesn't make sense. If only people knew who God truly was and how he really feels about his children.


I'm guessing with the rest of the day, we'll be watching the Packers/Giants game and will sleep at 8pm. We don't sleep like grandparents these days. We sleep like our grandparents' grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!