Sunday, May 29, 2011

Five Years Old!

My marriage to Jenny is officially five years old on the 2nd of June, but we celebrated it today because on our actual anniversary date, I’ll be back at the orphanage for a few days. For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, there is an orphanage that is pretty far away that has a little over 10 disabled orphans and for the most part, there is just one woman who watches them all, 24/7. I’m going with some friends to help out where I can. I’ll be there for three days. I’m looking forward to it, even though (to be honest) doing that sort of thing isn’t always natural or comfortable to me.

For our anniversary date, we went out to H&M to treat ourselves to a new outfit. We haven’t really bought clothes in over a year for various reasons so we both got a new outfit for ourselves and one new one for Levi. After that, we went out for some Indian food. (We can’t resist!)

A funny story about presenting Levi’s gift to him. First of all, we bought him a Mater shirt. For those who don’t know Mater, (how big is the cave you live in?) Mater is Lightning McQueen’s friend in the movie Cars; Levi is a HUGE fan. Not only that, but the shirt is a really good blue color which will match his glasses and eyes really well… blah blah blah, we were really excited to give it to him.

We bring the shirt home, make him close his eyes, pull the shirt out, he opens his eyes and says, “Where’s Lightning McQueen?” I haven’t had any near death experiences, but emotionally, I just did.

This was a great moment for us though. We are learning just how sweet this boy is. I was honest with Levi and said, “You know, buddy, I was bummed when you reacted that way.” He spent the rest of the night telling me how much he liked the shirt, which made us really proud. He’s at the point where he can feel sympathy and regret for things he says and he also attempts to right his wrongs. We were so proud of him and his sweetness.

That’s all for now!

Until next time,
Jeremy, Jenny, Levi, & Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!