Friday, March 11, 2011

Homework

This is my homework for the weekend. Write up a paragraph with comparative grammar in it along with some of the new vocabulary from our newest lesson in my textbook.

In China, when a gift is given to someone, they don’t open it up until that person leaves. It’s cultural; they wait so that if they don’t like it, the gift-giver doesn’t feel bad. (In America, we typically rely on our acting skills to help the person not feel bad for a gift we already have or don’t like, right?) They feel that by doing it this way, they respect the person that gave the gift.

This short paragraph is about how I personally don’t like surprises. This probably has something to do with how I like to have everything planned out; I leave little room for unexpected scenarios. When it comes to opening gifts, I can get a bit nervous for that reason i.e. I don’t know what I’m about to get; the whole “surprise” factor. haha

IMG00264-20110311-1454

Until next time,
Jeremy, Jenny, Levi, & Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!