Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Our New Semester

Hello everyone!

 

With the new school semester coming this week, we have had quite a few scheduling changes. Things are much different around here, so we’ll try to catch you up a bit.

 

Levi has been attending his preschool class, which he has been LOVING. The teachers adore him as well, which makes us so happy.

 

Jenny has been getting tutored again in her Chinese, and, as you heard before, she is volunteering her time at a local foster home on a weekly basis.

 

I have a new teaching schedule, which includes a lot more hours. I’m teaching a kindergarten in the mornings. These are 3-5 year olds. Each class has 30 or so of them. I teach each level (3 years old, 4 years old, 5 years old) each morning, from Monday to Thursday. I get back home, I have lunch, help with the kids, hang out with my wife for a bit, then I go back to an elementary school where I teach two classes of 3rd or 1st graders; each class has 60+ students. I get home around 4:30pm, so I have some time to help with the kids and get dinner. Because of all this business, I’m starting to wake up at 6am (two hours before work starts) so I can study my Chinese characters and get a decent breakfast in. It’s a little hectic :) I will be continuing getting tutored on Friday mornings and potentially on Sunday mornings as well.

 

That’s our new semester! Bring it on!

 

Until next time,

Jeremy, Jenny, Levi, & Liam