Friday, September 17, 2010

Levi the Sailor Dog

So for those of you who are familiar with The Sailor Dog, the famous classic Golden Book, you may appreciate this story on a different level than others, but Levi made a pretty ingenious connection lately that I wanted to share with you all.

Just this morning, my wife went to a friend’s house to drop off some homemade pumpkin bread (what a sweetheart, right?) and while there, Levi noticed a little spyglass he loved. Our friend gave it to him and he was elated. We think we found out why…
IMG00173-20100918-1102 Levi found something Scuppers also had! The forsaken spyglass…
At the end of the book, there is a little song that is included. It goes a little something like this:

I am Scuppers the Sailor Dog-
I’m Scuppers the Sailor Dog-
I can sail in a gale
right over a whale
under full sail
in a fog.


I am Scuppers the Sailor Dog-
I’m Scuppers the Sailor Dog-
with a shake and a snort
I can sail into port
under full sail
in a fog.


Levi was singing this very song on the way home from our friend’s house. Jenny was super confused, but when she got home, I told her that’s the song from the book we read to him! We finally understood. It was epic.
IMG00175-20100918-1105
Isn’t it crazy what kids remember???

Until next time,
Jeremy, Jenny, Levi, & Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!