Saturday, November 01, 2008

Jenny runs a 1/2 marathon. 13.5 miles!

Congratulations Jenny!

Jenny ran for 2 1/2 hours! She did not stop to walk at all! I cannot fathom doing anything close to the running accomplishment she achieved today. There were many people racing, and there were incredibly young (7-8 years old) and even "relatively" old (70 years old) people doing the 1/2 marathon with her! It was an international race, and she was the only American actually running the 1/2 marathon!

You can watch a video we just put up, showing Jenny on the final stretch. I'm running alongside her, because I walked a little ways out to meet her. You can hear I'm already out of breath, and I barely ran at all! (Maybe a 1/4-1/2 of a mile?! I'm not built for that type of thing... I think.) We will have another video up soon, showing four hours after, where we get some solid question and answer time with her!

Until next time!
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments and questions here!